Mommy Makeover - Fort Worth
What To Expect During And After Surgery
The mommy makeover surgery is performed under general anesthesia in an accredited surgical facility by a qualified surgeon. The duration of surgery is dependent upon how many techniques are combined; some surgeries last multiple hours. It is not uncommon for patients to stay in the hospital afterward for a short time to ensure stabilization. Full recovery usually takes a full month, though you may feel well enough after 2 weeks to return to work, depending on your work environment and duties. Gradually the results will emerge as swelling subsides, the breast implants settle into place, and the incisions heal. Expect a full year for all of the changes to make their final appearance.
Plan Your Procedure
|Average Cost||$10,000 - $18,000|
|Recovery Time||2-3 Weeks|
|Avg Procedure Time||6-8 Hours|
|Post-Op Follow-Up||1 Week|
The mommy makeover procedure is individually tailored to each patient based on which body parts need improvement. Usually the breasts and tummy are addressed together (though not always). The conditions to be addressed during surgery, as well as the specific surgical techniques, are also tailored to each patient specifically. Areas that can be treated include:
- Loss of volume or breast tissue due to pregnancy and nursing; sagging or drooping, excess skin (ptosis), or breasts that have become too large over time.
- Surgeries to consider: Breast lift, breast augmentation with implants, breast augmentation with a lift, or breast reduction surgery.
- Excess fat or a persistent bulge in the abdomen (“after baby bump”), sagging and loose skin, stretch marks and other unsightly skin irregularities as a result of pregnancy.
- Surgeries to consider: Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction of the abdomen.
- Sagging skin and excess fat in the buttocks, hips, and thighs as a result of pregnancy.
- Surgeries to consider: Liposuction with lower body lift; skin tightening of the buttocks, hips, and thighs.
Any woman who has borne children knows that changes happen to the body that never quite return to their original state. It is a badge of honor for some, but a depressing drag for others. Mommy Makeovers are great for women who have done their best with diet and exercise, but still cannot quite return to the body shape they had pre-pregnancy and childbirth. This all-inclusive term refers to any combination of procedures that includes liposuction, excess skin removal, and body contouring performed to erase or at least minimize the concerns created by pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Daniels customizes each mommy makeover to satisfy the needs of his Fort Worth patients, with most procedures including at least breast and abdominal surgery. At Anderson Plastic Surgery, we encourage women to wait until they have completed their child-bearing plans before pursuing this makeover as any further pregnancies will alter their final results. However, should an unexpected pregnancy occur post-surgery, the mommy makeover will not affect a woman's pregnancy health. Further, a smaller "touch up" procedure can be completed after the baby is born.